Thursday, November 16, 2023

Avatar: The Way of Water | New Trailer


AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER on HBO:  I recorded this on my DVR 
back in June 2023 and it took me this long to finish the film. I just could
not get wrapped up in this story, and hesitate to say I think it's overblown
because of how many people love it passionately. I could only watch this
in 15-30 minute segments until it got near the final act of the film when
I'd watch 45 minutes or more. I could not get into this. It reminded me of
so many science fiction novels I read back in the day, that the depiction of
an alien race just didn't surprise me.  I'm so glad I didn't commit to sitting
in a theatre for 3+ hours to watch it nonstop.  The good stuff:  this is visually
stunning and the special effects are remarkable. I had the same response to the
first film so many years ago - -  I watched that on television also. THREE STARS.

No comments:

Post a Comment